Bicycle Crash Attorney
Illinois Bicycle Crash Lawyer
Illinois is the perfect place to take up bicycling, especially on the lake front when its warm outside, but not so much in the winter!
Another reason bicycling is so attractive, especially in Chicago, is because it offers a way to escape the daunting city traffic.
Unfortunately, this is a risk, when bicyclists collide with automobiles, severe injuries and sadly even death can occur, particularly to the bicyclist.
Have you been injured in a bicycle crash? At Owaynat Law, our Illinois bicycle crash lawyers are here to effectively represent you in seeking full compensation from the negligent driver who caused your injuries.
What are the Most Common Causes of Bicycle Crashs in Illinois?
Our bicycle injury lawyers in Illinois have noticed that distracted driving is a significant factor in bicycle Crashs. Typically, when a motor vehicle collides with a bicycle, it is because of the automobile driver’s inattention or even intentional failure to yield. Here are a few examples of causes of bicycle Crashs:
- Texting while driving.
- Sadly, when cars are parked and distracted drivers fail to check to see if any bicyclist are approaching, and then suddenly open their car door, causing the bicyclist to crash into the car door and injure themselves.
- The automobile driver is driving at an excessive speed. Drivers who drive too fast lack the proper reaction time to stop.
- The automobile driver makes an illegal or reckless lane change.
- The automobile driver sideswipes a bicyclist after failing to give the bicyclist enough room to pass his or her car safely.
- The automobile driver rear-ends the bicyclist. Typically, this is because the automobile driver is negligent and not paying enough attention to his/her surroundings.
- An automobile driver negligently crosses into the path of a bicyclist. In this example, the bicyclist lawfully enters the intersection, and a motor vehicle strikes them while the driver is making a turn. Again, the inattention of the driver usually causes this scenario to take place. Either the driver does not see the bicyclist or is not being attentive enough when driving.
- Many drivers negligently fail to check their blind spots before they turn right. Turning right into a bicyclist is a common cause of bicycle Crashs.
- Drivers who fail to stop at stop lights or stop signs or those who pull up too far into the crosswalk at a stop sign or stoplight could easily collide into a bicyclist who is riding through the crosswalk.
- Drivers who do not consider dangerous weather conditions often cause Crashs. A driver could be blinded by the sun or drive too fast in a rainstorm or snowstorm.
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol causes at least one out of every three car crash fatalities.
What do I Need to Prove to Succeed in an Illinois Bicycle Crash Lawsuit?
First, you will need to prove that the driver of the automobile that collided with you acted negligently or recklessly. If the driver of the motor vehicle did any of the things listed above, he or she acted negligently. Next, you will need to prove that the other party’s negligent driving caused your injuries. At Owaynat Law, we use skilled investigators and expert witnesses to confirm that the other party’s negligence caused our clients’ injuries.
Have You Been Injured in a Bicycle Crash in Illinois? Let Us Fight for You
If you have been injured in a bicycle crash, there is a good chance that the driver of the automobile who collided with you is at least partly at fault. As we have discussed above, the cause of bicycle Crashs usually involves some form of negligent driving. At Owaynat law, our Illinois-based personal injury lawyers will fight to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries.